Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Confusion, Indecisiveness, and General Blech

You know those days or weeks when nothing's really wrong, but you just feel blech? Yeah, today's one of those days.  It seems this week has been full of little things that aren't that big of a deal, but they all together they seem multiply and increase this icky feeling.  I find I usually have those days (or weeks, depending) after something that had a big build-up and then there's nothing after, so you drop from the adrenalin rush you were having.  And since last weekend was the YSA Conference that I helped plan and execute, this week definitely fits into this category.  But I'll get over it soon enough.  I have my last softball game tonight (hopefully no bats to the head, oh yeah, I didn't write about that, well, that'll be a quick post for another day, and I have pics), then a massage appointment after.  I haven't made it up to Alan and Crystal's new house at all this week, not because I couldn't, but because I had plans that ended up falling through, which also adds to the blech feeling.  But they move in on Saturday, and that'll be good for them, I'm excited for them.

Classes start next week and I'm at an indecisive area.  I'm not sure if I want to keep on with my emphasis or not.  I've completely been procrastinating my thesis and I'm kinda debating on whether I should stop at the Master's, and if I could be sure I could get a teaching position at a junior college, I'd be more than fine with that.  Or I was also thinking I might could switch to the Fitness and Health Promotion, do an internship instead of a thesis, and work in an area that promotes health and fitness outside of being a personal trainer.  I would be more than fine working in a gym, but I know I'm not cut out to be a trainer, at least that not being the only thing I do.  I like management positions and teaching/discussion as part of it too (yes, I'm bossy!) and I am passionate about health and fitness.   So yeah, I've been debating about it.  But the only thing is, if I switch to the Fitness and Health Promotion emphasis, I'm not sure I'll be able to go on and get a PhD if I ever decide to.  Which right now I'd be ok with, but if I end up changing my mind down the road, I won't be.  Anyway, sorry this is a downer post, but I'll add a more upbeat one soon....if I remember to write! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment